November 16, 2011

Ubisoft and EA Accounts

Having just recently picked up N4S and ACR, I had a lovely reunion with my UPlay and EA accounts. I had fun searching my long disorganized email activation folder to see if I already had such accounts. And if I did, did they know my XBOX personally? After typing in several different codes into the game, everything appeared to sort itself out and I just dove in.

Still, I feel I must raise question as to if these "developer accounts" are actually necessary. I thought the purpose of having a live account was to keep track of the games for me... I don't need Ubisoft repeating all of my achievements after Microsoft already tells me I have them. I suppose Ubisoft is onto something though. Exchanging game achievement points for in-game content is something I've been hoping Microsoft and Sony would catch onto.

Microsoft kind of gets it. Avatar awards have the right idea, but just don't make me care beyond my usual 100% completion aspirations. I dream of someday having one gamer score shared between all three platforms where the points can be spent on something I actually want... but that won't happen short of an evil corporation buying everyone up... much like a successful EA would.

No comments:

Post a Comment