November 26, 2011

First Impression: The Saboteur

The Nazi's will certainly regret the day I spawned as an Irishman! The French TOO!

Normally I wouldn't pay any attention to race, but the game can't seem to get itself off it. The main character seems to compulsively remind everyone that he is Irish every time he talks. National pride is the prime conversation piece in WWII Europe apparently and if you don't have it, some will be provided for you.

So far the gameplay is eh, although I haven't actually done that much in-game. The parkour is worse than Assassin's Creed and the brawling is worse then... well, everything. Still the environment and atmosphere are very impressive and I enjoy splashing color across Europe by killing Nazis or blowing up their art projects.

Really too soon to tell whether this will all be worth it or not. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment