November 15, 2011

First Impression: Sonic Generations

It seems like the products of our nostalgia dominate this society. Probably why Sonic Generations caters directly to it.

Having avoided playing the majority of the new-era Sonic ilk (last one I played was Adventure 2), I really never thought the Hedgehog was in that bad a place. Oh sure I heard rumors, but never experienced it first hand mind you. I heard somewhere that Generations is the best Sonic game of the decade so that alone merited a play. I never thought turning into a 2d version of myself could be this easy. I also thoroughly enjoyed scrapping Metal Sonic and The Death Egg, two baddies that I am actually familiar with. I do get the feeling I should be more familiar with the series before finishing this game though... maybe acquaint myself with Heroes.

Anyways... I'll report back when I've recovered the last of those pesky Chaos Emeralds.

No comments:

Post a Comment