February 18, 2012

New Vegas Companions: Part 1

I apologize that due to scheduling and the way I play games, there will be a lot of New Vegas updates and not much of anything else for awhile. But while we're here, why don't we break down who exactly will be traveling with you throughout your journey. The companion system in New Vegas is vastly improved over Fallout 3 and  makes it a much more viable option. Where as before you would watch your companions stumble into fire and get killed near instantly, now they... don't.

We'll start with Ed-E and Veronica as they're the two that are currently carrying all my stuff as I pave the way for the NCR revolution.

Ed-E

There's something poetic about a girl (I'm a girl in this playthrough) traveling the wastes with the robot she found and fixed up herself. Even better that the aforementioned robot starts playing old Envlave audio logs every few days or so. Is that sinister or is that sinister? (hint: it's sinister)
     It's also nice to just have a giant robotic bubble watching your back. Just program the thing to shoot from a distance, take one shot at whatever you want dead, and Ed-E will just laser snipe the thing till dead.
     Having a robot also helps keeps me from feeling too bad from the absence of judgmental eyes staring at me.
Score: 4 of 5


Veronica

If you can get past her straight up lying to you when you first meet her, Veronica is a pretty cool companion. Definitely spent my time as a male in this game trying to impress her... I guess I'm just a romantic at heart. Too bad romance doesn't really exist in nuclear apocalyptic wastelands according to Fallout. -sigh-
     The Brotherhood of Steel remains one of the coolest factions in the Mojave Wasteland and having one of them on your side is certainly welcome. It also might be beneficial to say that Veronica goes crazy with her Power Fist. Like she kills... everything. To put it in perspective, I pissed off the Highway Fort that I picked her up at resulting in 20 people attempting to kill me. After running a bit and killing 2 of them, I looked back to see her successfully punching the heads off of 15 of them...
     You definitely earned that dress that you've been asking for.
Score: 4 of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment