December 5, 2011

Frustration-- S Ranks

Yes, I know, yes... I can't seem to talk about anything other than Sonic Generations at the moment. Bear with me for a bit though because there is a good reason... well, there is a reason anyways.

Being my super-busy and highly sought after self, I have been fairly busy as of late. Also being my sexy, awesome, and neurotic self... I don't consider games "complete" until I have all the achievements on them. This has caused me many video game bookkeeping issues that my video game accountants would crucify me for. Because of this, I made myself a little rule: I do not begin another game until I am done with the one I'm on.


So let's get this straight. I'm done with Sonic Generations, have been for weeks now. I have beaten the levels, I have defeated the final boss, I have purchased new games, I AM DONE. So what have I been doing since? Something along the lines of getting an S Rank on all 90 of the challenge levels in that GOD FORSAKEN GAME. Sorry, that was an overreaction.

It's not the game's fault though, it's my roommate. I was just going to complete the challenges and get out of there hunky-dory.

"You know if you don't get S-Ranks you haven't beaten the game..."
"wha... bu..."
"No wha-bu's! You get those S-Ranks or you don't get to live here anymore!!"

I may have paraphrased a bit. Anyways, I can't even say if it was worth it to perfect this blasted game although I suspect it isn't because I am the only one playing it and the satisfaction will last all of 8 seconds...

Eight...
SECONDS.

--frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment